Safety & Security
It is the desire of the Safety and Security Department at Heritage to stand ready to defend and protect the HCS family and serve all who depend on us to be prepared in any situation. Our department consistently evaluates policies and procedures to protect and more faithfully serve the Heritage community. Feel free to contact us with any and all needs.
Our security department includes over 40 years of military training and experience. We make it a priority to hire veterans and former officers as a part of our internal security team. On a daily basis, this team connects with our students and employees to create a relationship of trust and open communication.
Resources for Parents
As part of our mission, we desire to parter with parents in pursuing excellence in all areas of education. We believe that understanding what our students our exposed to and are experiencing online is crucial for excellent parenting today. Below are some resources available for parents both inside and outside of the Heritage community.
- Pathway to Violence: Warning Signs and What You Can Do
- Active Shooter Educational Sheet
- How to Respond When an Active Shooter is in Your Vicinity
- Active Shooter Recovery Guide
General information for monitoring your children's activities online:
- StaySafeOnline.org Parent Resources
- YourSphere for Parents - Helping Families Live Healthy Digital Lives
App and social networking information:
- 15 Dangerous Apps Every Parent Should Know About
- 9 Most Dangerous Apps for Kids
- Social Networking Challenges Every Parent Should Know
For the most recent presentation on student safety, watch the HCS & IMPD Student Safety Night video from April 13th, 2016.