Academics at Heritage Christian School
Heritage Christian School is located in Indianapolis, IN.
Heritage Christian School has been recognized as one of the top-performing Christian schools in the nation. We provide big-school opportunities in a small-school environment. We offer exceptional academics with a strong spiritual emphasis.
Early Childhood Program
Preschool, Prep-K, Kindergarten
These students are encouraged and equipped to explore, learn phonics and reading foundations, art, music, critical thinking skills, imaginative play and much more in a dynamic and bright environment.
1st - 4th Grade
During a child’s formative years, our teachers and staff work with parents to establish a strong foundation for learning during this important time of development.
5th & 6th Grade
Our intermediate school guides students through these important transitional academic years by expanding curriculum offerings and establishing academic routine.
7th & 8th Grade
Our middle school academic program provides a solid foundation in core subjects while also allowing students to pursue other areas of interest.
9th - 12th Grade
Our high school offers a college-preparatory curriculum that’s infused with Biblical truth. Graduates are well prepared academically and spiritually to serve and lead after high school.
Educational Support Services
Our Educational Support Services (ESS) program acknowledges learning differences and provides a variety of programs, intervention strategies, and teaching methods to meet learning needs and challenges.
Answering Your Most Commonly Asked Questions
- Tell us about the classroom environment at Heritage and how it naturally lends itself to more effective learning for our students.
- What do we do particularly well in our classrooms?
- How do we know that we are being successful in our classrooms and learning?
- Tell us about smaller class sizes and why they are better for students.
- At HCS, we have many long-service faculty. Tell us why having longer-service teachers in our classrooms and within our schools better serves the students and overall community.