Educational Support Services
Each child’s mind is uniquely created by God and for His purpose. This uniqueness includes strengths and weaknesses. Educational Support Services acknowledges learning differences and provides a variety of programs, intervention strategies, and teaching methods to meet the learning needs and challenges of exceptional children. Support extends to the teachers and families of children who learn differently. Through a team effort, children with learning differences will become successful and independent learners who realize their God-given abilities and fulfill their God-designed potential.
ESS Staff at the annual Eagle Golf Classic to raise money for the ESS HOPE Fund.
Please Note: ESS programs require an additional fee for participation. We strongly believe in the value of these programs and understand that some families may not be able to afford the additional cost. Therefore, we offer financial assistance for families who may need help affording these programs for their children.
ESS History at Heritage
- Fall 1988: NILD (National Institute for Learning Development) Educational Therapy program started at HCS
- 1993-1994: Explorers program for high ability students began
- 1999-2000: Directed Studies program began
- 2000-2001: Search and Teach programs initiated
- 2003-2004: Academic Skills Class (formerly Resource) began
- Spring 2009: STAR Reading was piloted
- 2016-2017: Solutions Math launched
For more information about Educational Support Services at Heritage, contact ESS Director, Julie Hight, at email@example.com or (317) 849-3441 ext. 168.