Preparing for college begins well before your senior year. This college timeline serves as a guide by outlining some of the significant steps in the process. Our Guidance Services team is available to assist you during each step of the way as you identify what God has next for you.
- Strive to challenge yourself academically without overreaching. While your GPA is important, colleges want to see that you did not just take the easy road, but pushed yourself by taking Honors, AP, and/or dual credit classes.
- Get involved in extracurricular activities, leadership opportunities, and community service to develop skills and abilities that will benefit you in college and beyond.
- Consider summer jobs, internships, and volunteer experiences that will develop your resume, help pay for college, and identify or confirm areas of interest.
- Attend college fairs, such as the:
- Pray and seek guidance from trusted adults about your future.
For a printable version of the complete checklist, click here.