There are four basic graduation requirements for Heritage Christian High School:
- Fulfillment of academic standards
- Completion of S.A.L.T. (Service) hours
- Participation in Interterm Week
- Fulfillment of attendance requirements
The courses listed below are those required for graduation from HCS. HCS requirements both meet and exceed state requirements.
|Subject Area||General Grad||HCS College Prep / Core 40||Academic Honors*|
|Language Arts||9 credits||9 credits||9 credits|
|Social Studies||6 credits||6 credits||6 credits|
|Science||4 credits||6 credits||6 credits|
|Mathematics||4 credits||6 credits||8 credits|
|World Languages||0 credits||4 credits||6 credits|
|Additional Core (one of the subject areas listed above)||0 credits||1 credit||0 credits|
|Bible||6 credits||6 credits||6 credits|
|Physical Education||2 credits||2 credits||2 credits|
|Health||1 credit||1 credit||1 credit|
|Fine Arts||0 credits||0 credits||2 credits|
|Electives||8 credits||3 credits||2 credits|
*Additional Academic Honors Diploma requirements:
- Earn a grade of C- or above in courses that will count toward the diploma, and
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above, and
- Complete one of the following:
- Advanced Placement courses (totaling 4 credits) and corresponding AP Exams.
- Academic, transferable dual high school/college courses resulting in 6 college credits.
- A combination of AP courses (2 credits) with AP exams and one college course resulting in 3 college credits.
- Score a 1250 composite SAT, with a minimum of 590 in reading/writing and 560 in math.
- Score a 26 composite ACT.
All students must meet state standards for graduation, including passing the ISTEP End of Course Assessments (ECA) in both Algebra 1 and English 10. New students entering Heritage must meet these requirements as well. High school level courses taken in middle school will be included on the high school transcript and will be figured into the high school GPA unless the student retakes the course during high school.