We understand that many families are in the difficult position of weighing the potential life-changing value of providing a Christian education at Heritage Christian School for their child, with the affordability of tuition within their budget. If you desire a Christian education for your child, then we will strive to work with you to make that a reality. Approximately 40% of our families receive some financial assistance. Assistance is available for students in prep-k through grade 12.
Types of Financial Assistance Available
Indiana Choice Scholarship (Vouchers)
The State of Indiana provides a partial tuition payment for eligible families who are enrolled at Heritage Christian School by September 1 (for semester 1), or by January 15 (for enrollments after September 1). If there are more students eligible to receive an Indiana Choice Scholarship who have been admitted to attend Heritage Christian than Indiana Choice Scholarships are available, a lottery will be held to determine which students may enroll. The amount of the scholarship is based on your income and household size as well as the school district where you reside. [Learn More]
Tax Credit Scholarships
(Also known as SGO Scholarships.) Eligible families receive a minimum $500 scholarship (per enrolled student) toward their tuition made available through private donations that are designated to Heritage Christian School. Eligibility is based on household size and income. [Learn More]
Heritage Christian Tuition Assistance
Each school year, HCS provides nearly $2,000,000 in tuition assistance supported by our general operating fund and donations designated for scholarships. Any family can apply, and the amount of assistance is based on the resources of your family compared with tuition cost for your student(s). This calculation is done by a 3rd party organization, FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment (FACTS). [Learn More]
Heritage Alumni Scholarship
Heritage values our alumni. They are an important part of our rich history and community. Families where at least one parent is a HCS alumni will receive a one-time $2,000 per new student tuition scholarship. This scholarship is available to all new students of alumni enrolling at Heritage for the first time and would be in addition to any other financial aid provided. Existing alumni families who enroll additional children are eligible for this one-time scholarship for their new children being enrolled. For more information, contact Admissions at (317) 849-3441 or email@example.com.
How to Apply for Financial Assistance
- In addition to filling out an online student application, you must complete a separate application for financial assistance. You may do this starting January 1 for the upcoming school year here.
- Complete one application per family. The cost is $35 paid to FACTS.
- You will be required to provide supporting documentation such as W2’s and tax returns to FACTS either by uploading them on their website or faxing to 866-441-4637.
- Financial Aid applications completed after April 15 for the upcoming school year will be evaluated as funds are available. In order for voucher eligible families new to Heritage to participate in the Indiana Choice Scholarship lottery at HCS, their financial aid application must be verified by FACTS before the lottery date. Therefore, we highly recommend that families new to Heritage submit their aid application and tax documents to FACTS no later than March 31.
- You must re-apply for financial assistance each year.
Choosing to invest in your student’s future by providing a Heritage Christian education can seem overwhelming for some families. Heritage stands ready to support you in this process. We will invest in your student through our college-prep academics, exceptional and caring teachers, discipleship programs, and extracurricular opportunities. Through our tuition assistance program, we also invest financially with many families. If you are concerned about your family’s ability to pay for a Heritage Christian Education, we strongly encourage you to apply for financial assistance.
Note: There is no financial assistance available for preschool students or for the International Student Program.