Indiana Choice Scholarship (Vouchers)
The Indiana Choice Scholarship (voucher) program provides a partial tuition payment for eligible families who enroll at Heritage Christian School. This program makes a private school education at Heritage Christian School available to more families in Kindergarten through 12th grade, while we maintain autonomy in the curriculum we provide. The number of scholarships available at Heritage Christian School is limited. The amount of the voucher is based on your household size and income as well as the school district in which you reside. Estimated vouchers can range from approximately $2,500 to $6,000 per school year. More information can be found at the Indiana Department of Education School Choice webpage.
Eligibility requirements are set and verified by the State of Indiana. To be eligible, families must meet income requirements and each student must meet a pathway requirement. Please review this document to learn more about eligibility.
How to Apply (If your student will be new to HCS)
- Follow the steps of the admissions process through to acceptance before April 20.
- Apply for Financial Aid. The Indiana Choice Scholarship application process is integrated into our overall Financial Aid process which you may apply for as of January 1 each year for the upcoming school year. This should be completed with required documents and uploaded by March 31.
- If the number of students accepted through the student application process who are eligible to receive Indiana School Choice Scholarships exceeds the scholarships available for a particular grade as of April 20, a lottery will be held to determine which students may enroll. Priority will be given to students of employees and current students of Heritage Christian School and their siblings. View our lottery process here.
- Heritage Christian School will continue to enroll students with Indiana Choice Scholarships on a first come, first-served basis as seats are available through September 1.
- Once notified that an Indiana Choice Scholarship seat has been reserved for you, you will have up to 10 calendar days to enroll by paying the enrollment fee before the seat may be offered to the next person on the list.
- Once enrolled, we will apply for the Indiana Choice Scholarship on your behalf to the State and will keep you informed of the status and any additional documentation needed. Students enrolling after September 1 are generally not eligible to receive an Indiana Choice Scholarship for a given school year.