International Student Program
Heritage Christian School welcomes international students in grades 9 through 12 who seek to grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ in an academically challenging, college preparatory program.
We are pleased to extend the Mission and Vision of Heritage Christian to international families who seek a high-quality, Christ-centered education for their children.
- School Facts
- International Student Seminar
- Application & Enrollment
- Returning Students
- Visa Information
- School Calendar
- Ranked top 10% Christian High Schools in America (niche.com)
- Located in Indianapolis, IN
- 38.5 acre campus
- Total enrollment: approximately 1290
- High School enrollment: 448
- International student enrollment percentage: 2%
- 200+ Christian faculty and staff
- Full-time discipleship staff
- Student to teacher ratio average: 13:1
- 20 Advanced Placement (AP) courses
- Specialized STEM curriculum: Engineering design, computer science, robotics
- Performing arts: Choir, band, orchestra, jazz band, theater
- Visual arts: 2D, 3D, ceramics, sculpture, photography
- Extracurricular activities: Robotics, mock trial, Young Life, student council
- 18 Sports
International students who attend Heritage Christian School are placed in Christian homes, where they will be nurtured and cared for as a member of the family. Our host families serve as a key source of support for the students, and desire to make a lasting impact through Christ-centered hospitality and love.HCS encourages a Triangle of Care model for each international student, consisting of the school, host families, and biological parents working in cooperation to watch over, guide, and support the student throughout his or her years at HCS. While each point of the triangle has a distinct role to play in the student’s personal, spiritual, and academic development, all commit to make HCS a safe, healthy environment in which the student can grow and eventually, thrive.
Minimum US equivalent of 2.5 grade point average (GPA) in all core classes (Language Arts, History, Math and Science)
9th grade: 45
10th grade: 55
11th-12th grade: 65+
The following tests are also accepted on a case by case basis:
Deadline: May 1
Application fee: $250
Video interview with Principal and International Program Director
|Tuition and Fees for International Students||Amount (2019-20)|
|Annual International Student Tuition for Grades 9-11||$34,800*
|Annual International Student Tuition for Grade 12||$36,300*
|Application Fee (per student, non-refundable)||$250|
* Includes $3,000 non-refundable tuition deposit to be paid within 2 weeks of acceptance.
Heritage Christian School requires that full prepayment of the annual tuition is received at HCS by August 1. Tuition and fees are non-refundable.
- Health and accident insurance
- Mental wellness support
- Daily international student seminar class
- Textbooks and materials
- Weekly tutoring
- One-on-one college guidance
- New student orientation
- Daily lunch and cafe snacks
- Weekly international student meetings
- City excursions each semester
- Field trips
- Interterm week fee
- P.E. uniforms
- Athletics and fine arts fees
- Senior trip and graduation fees (Grade 12)
Tuition Does NOT Include:
- AP Exam fees
Note: Heritage Christian School does not offer financial assistance for the International Student Program.
STEP 1: Prepare necessary documents and information
- Student transcripts which include the previous two years' grades
- Standardized test results from current USA school (if applicable)
- TOEFL or other English Proficiency Test results
- Contact information for one English and one Math teacher reference
- Birth certificate and/or passport
- Immunization records (including original language and English translation)
- Academic and psycho-educational test results (if applicable)
STEP 2: Fill out online application by May 1
- Online application
- Pay $250 application fee (non-refundable)
STEP 3: Complete interview
- Pass online video interview with Principal and International Student Program Director
STEP 4: Pay enrollment deposit
- If accepted, pay non-refundable tuition deposit of $3,000 USD within 2 weeks
- After receipt of deposit payment, HCS will issue I-20
STEP 5: Schedule visa appointment with local US Embassy or Consulate
- Visit US State Department for visa information and procedures
STEP 6: Complete online enrollment procedures
- Create username and password for myHCS online system
- Fill out family information and forms online
STEP 7: Stay in touch!
- Continue communication with International Student Program Director for updates on visas, homestay, and travel preparations
STEP 8: Arrive for new student orientation
- Plan to arrive in Indianapolis on Monday, August 3
- Orientation begins Tuesday, August 4
- First day of school: Monday, August 10
Annual Family Commitment Fee
An annual family commitment fee of $250 per family is billed in May. When paid, the annual family commitment fee reserves seats for the upcoming school year for each student currently enrolled, and obligates the family to pay full tuition for the upcoming academic year by August 1.
Students who will not be returning for the next school year must notify the Admissions Department or International Student Program Director by March 31. Students who withdraw for the upcoming school year after March 31 are obligated to pay full tuition for the upcoming academic year. All fees are non-refundable.
Late Payment Penalty
If HCS does not receive the full tuition payment by August 1, the student is subject to immediate withdrawal.
Plan to return by Friday, August 7.
- The principal has approved the application for admission
- The $3,000 tuition deposit has been received
Note: Heritage Christian School is required by U.S. Federal law to determine through written application that the student is qualified academically, linguistically and meets all entrance requirements for admission. Do not schedule your interview appointment with the U.S. Embassy until admission has been approved and an I-20 has been issued. Once you have completed the Embassy interview, please contact the Admissions Department with the results and to notify us about your plans for arrival. For further information about the International Student Program at Heritage Christian School, please contact the Admissions Department.
International Admissions Specialist
International Student Program Director