International Student Program
Heritage Christian School welcomes applications from international students, grades 9 through 12, who strive to grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ in an academically challenging, college preparatory program. Heritage Christian School values the diversity that international students bring to the school setting, recognizing that the knowledge and understanding students gain from interacting with those from different backgrounds and cultures enriches the educational experience for everyone.
- International Student Requirements
- 2019-20 Tuition Information for International Students
- Important Visa Information
- How To Apply
The following requirements must be met before an international student can be fully approved for admission to Heritage Christian School:
1. Academic Requirements Considered for Acceptance
- Minimum US equivalent of a 2.5 grade point average (GPA) in all core classes (Language Arts, History, Math and Science)
2. English Language Proficiency Exam Requirements
- Students must also submit TOEFL or other English Exam Proficiency results. TOEFL scores as follows:
- 9th grade: 45
- 10th grade: 55
- 11th & 12th grades: 65+
3. International Student Application for Admission
- Submit the completed application and $250 application fee to Admissions
- Be sure all checklist items are included
- Contact information for English or Math teacher reference
- Student/applicant written essay
- Student transcripts which include the previous two years' grades
- Standardized test results from current USA school (if applicable)
- TOEFL or other English Proficiency Test results
- Birth certificate and/or passport
- Immunization records
- Academic and psycho-educational test results (if applicable)
- Application deadline is May 1 for the upcoming school year
4. Principal application review and interview
- Once a completed application is received and processed in Admissions, the application will be ready for principal review.
- A telephone or Skype interview may be required for all applicants living outside the United States
- A decision will be communicated by the Principal or Admissions department
5. Following the Principal interview, those students who have been accepted for enrollment have 2 weeks to pay the tuition deposit of $3,000. After the tuition deposit has been paid, Heritage Christian School will issue an I-20.
6. Homestay arrangements will be made by Heritage Christian School.
|Tuition and Fees for International Students||Amount (2019-20)|
|Annual International Student Tuition for Grades 9-11||$34,800*
|Annual International Student Tuition for Grade 12||$36,300*
|Application Fee (per student)||$250|
* Includes $3,000 tuition deposit to be paid within 2 weeks of acceptance.
Note: Heritage Christian School does not offer financial assistance for the International Student Program.
- Health and accident insurance
- Mental wellness support
- Daily international student seminar class
- Textbooks and materials
- Weekly tutoring
- One-on-one college guidance
- New student orientation
- Daily lunch and cafe snacks
- Weekly international student meetings
- City excursions each semester
- Field trips
- J-term fee
- P.E. uniforms
- Athletics and fine arts fees
- Senior trip and graduation fees (Grade 12)
Tuition Does NOT Include:
- AP Exam fees
Technology Requirement: Every high school student is required to possess one of the following Apple-based devices: iPad with Retina Display, iPad Mini, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, MacBook Air, or MacBook Pro
Recommended specifications: iPad Air, 16 GB, no data plan, wireless keyboard, ear buds
Maximum specifications: MacBook Pro
Tuition Payment Schedule: Heritage Christian School requires that full prepayment of the annual tuition is received at HCS by August 1.
- Annual Family Commitment Fee (All Returning International Students): The annual family commitment fee of $250 per family is billed in May. When paid, the annual family commitment fee reserves seats for the upcoming school year for each student currently enrolled, and obligates the family to the withdrawal policy should their enrollment plans change. Students who will not be returning for the next school year must notify the Admissions department by completing the withdrawal notification form by March 31. Students who withdraw for the upcoming school year after March 31 will be subject to the withdrawal policy. All fees are non-refundable.
- Late Fee: A late fee of $35 will be charged to any past due accounts at 4:00 pm on the 15th of each month and for each subsequent month until accounts are current. NSF (non-sufficient fund) fee for returned EFT transactions is $35.
Prompt payment of tuition is vital to the operation of HCS. Heritage Christian School reserves the right to prohibit a student from attending school, to withhold report cards, and deny online access to grades for past due accounts.
- The principal has approved the application for admission
- The $3,000 tuition deposit has been received
Note: Heritage Christian School is required by U.S. Federal law to determine through written application that the student is qualified academically, linguistically and meets all entrance requirements for admission.Do not schedule your interview appointment with the U.S. Embassy until admission has been approved and an I-20 has been issued.Once you have completed the Embassy interview, please contact the Admissions Department with the results and to notify us about your plans for arrival. For further information about the International Student Program at Heritage Christian School, please contact the Admissions Department.
International Student Seminar Class
Each international student is required to enroll in the international student seminar class which is taught by a certified English Language Learner (ELL) teacher. This class time is divided into two sections during the week. One half allows the student time to process academic English from their other classes; the other half includes additional English instruction, such as SAT preparation, reading comprehension strategies, and essay practice.
The curriculum mixes the students' specific English language needs with Indiana State Standards to help target all areas of language learning. The curriculum includes, but is not limited to, focusing on the four areas of literacy: reading, writing, speaking and listening.
We are honored that you have chosen to apply to Heritage Christian School. You will need to fill out an online application for each student who is interested in attending HCS.
Before beginning the application process, you will be prompted to set up new user account. Once you begin the online application, you will be able to save your progress and return to it later.
- Submit application and $250 fee by May 1st
- Complete entire application process, including interview
- Submit tuition deposit ($3,000) within two weeks of acceptance
- School issues I-20 and makes arrangements for homestay
- Acquire F-1 student visa
- Submit remaining tuition ($31,800) by August 1st
- Arrive no later than August 3rd for new student orientation
For More Information
For further information about the International Student Program at Heritage Christian School, please contact Regina Schrock in the Admissions Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.