April 16, 2020
As our unique school year continues, we want to make you aware of important scheduling and academic news.
- Preschool through 11th grade will have their final distance learning day on Friday, May 15th.
- Seniors' last day of school will be May 13th as originally scheduled.
- Heritage students will be fully meeting all applicable Indiana Department of Education school year requirements.
Item Pick-up and Drop-Off:
- We will be scheduling pick-up and drop-off of student’s personal items and school materials after end of school (May 15th). Further instructions to follow.
- Elementary and intermediate school students will receive an end of year summary that will not be in the traditional report card format.
- Letter grades will be assigned for students in grades 7-12. Grade 7-11 students need to complete distance learning assignments by May 22nd. Seniors’ deadline is May 20th.
- There will be no final exams.
- Various year-end school events will be modified or cancelled. More details to follow.
- High school graduation is being postponed to July 17 when we hope a traditional ceremony will be possible. Senior families are receiving additional details about the graduation ceremony and senior recognition.
- A separate communication will be delivered to senior students outlining Indiana Department of Education requirements for 2020 graduation. We have an amazing class of 2020 and look forward to sending them into their next phase of life.
- We look forward to being together again next school year. As we proceed with continuous enrollment, watch for additional communications from our admissions and accounting teams about next steps for the 2020/21 school year. We are committed to addressing these challenging and uncertain times with creativity, flexibility, business discipline, and missional sensitivity. Please pray for wisdom for Heritage leadership as we chart our path forward. If you already have made alternate plans for the next school year and will not be attending Heritage in 2020/21, please let us know by filling out this form.
As part of the current distance learning season, all schools are required to provide a Continuous Learning Plan to the Indiana Department of Education. The Heritage plan is available on our website.
We are grateful for your partnership in the education of your students. We know how difficult it is to remain at home, especially during a season when we should be celebrating with friends and loved ones and enjoying end-of-year activities, but we also know that caring for the health and wellness of our neighbors is an act of love — and we are encouraged by that.
Thank you for partnering with us as we bring this extraordinary 2019/20 school year to a close.