Volunteers & Visitors
Thank you for your willingness to serve the Heritage Christian School community! So much of what is accomplished at HCS is because of our faithful, loving volunteer community. We are grateful for the many parents, grandparents and adults who give their time so generously!
Heritage Christian School believes that a great school is a safe school which is why all visitors are screened at the door and all volunteers are required to complete a background check. This process helps all families know that those who are around our students and volunteering with students have been through a process to ensure student safety. We hope that you will connect with our goals of serving our students and community and providing a safe and secure campus.
How to know if you are a volunteer or a visitor:
Who is a volunteer?
- Tutoring students
- Field trips (attending or chaperoning)
- Chaperoning extracurricular activities
- Providing classroom assistance
- Room Parents
- Any individual with direct or indirect supervision of students
Background Check Needed
- Step 1: Complete this form to notify HCS of your interest in volunteering.
- Step 2: After step 1 has been completed, you will receive an email from Safe Hiring Solutions to create a login and answer some additional questions.
- HCS will send an email to you once the background check has been processed with Safe Hiring Solutions.
Who is a visitor?
- Attending class parties
- Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Lunch guests
- Admissions visitors
- College and military recruiters
- Chapel or classroom speakers
- Playground visitors
- Meeting with administration/school office
Background Check NOT Needed
- If entry into the school building is needed, you will be asked to complete a quick sign-in at an iPad kiosk.
- Your sign-in will be checked against the National Sex Offender Registry.
- After completion of the sign-in you will be asked to wear a printed ID badge while in the building.
Heritage covers the cost for both the visitor entrance screenings and the volunteer background checks.
Approved background checks are good for two years. Heritage security staff will communicate when a background check is expiring and a new application needs to be completed in order to continue volunteering here at HCS.
If you have any questions about the process, please contact support services at email@example.com.