Current Parents Portal
January 21: MLK Day (School Closed)
February 1: Storytime
February 2: High School Winter Formal (date changed) // PTF Father Daughter Ball
February 11-14: Spiritual Emphasis Week
February 15: Faculty/Staff In-Service (No Students)
February 18: Presidents Day (School Closed)
February 21: Preschool - Grade 12 Info Night
February 22: Men's Prayer & Fellowship
February 25: No Early Childhood Students
[View Upcoming Home High School Athletic Events]
Posted on December 19, 2018
Our 2019-2020 Academic Calendar is now available. The academic calendar includes important dates such as campus closures, student breaks, Parent/Teacher Conferences and more. For your convenience we have formatted this calendar into a printable document. [View 2019-20 Calendar]
Posted on November 14, 2018
It’s that time of year again! This season as winter weather arrives, we want to make sure that you have some general information about how we will communicate weather-related school or activity delays and closings. Please take a moment to review these questions and answers.
Posted on October 29, 2018
If you are interested in helping spread the word that Heritage is a great school, then the Admissions Go Team might be a way for you to volunteer!
The Admissions Go Team is made up of parents that are willing help when big events arise. Some of this might involve attending a Heritage Info Night and greeting prospective families or serving food at a Welcome Wednesday event. There is often a need to have individuals help organize materials for prospective families or even make phone calls to remind those already registered to attend events.
This work is fun and a great way to get to know other parents with a passion to reach out to prospective families! If you are interested in joining this enthusiastic group contact Regina Schrock at reginaschrock@
- HCS Health Services - Policies and Protocols
- Lice Policy
- Allergy Guidelines
- Guide to Online Medical Information & Consent
- Indiana State Immunization Requirements 2018-19
- Medical Exemption Form
- Religious Exemption Form
- Permission to Carry Emergency Meds Form
- Asthma Action Plan
- Food Allergy Form
- Medication Permission Form: Elementary
- Medication Permission Form: 5th-12th Grade
Deb Hastings, R.N., B.S.N.
Rosemary Day, R.N. (email@example.com)
Kara Klopfenstein, R.N., B.S.N. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Lana Kritsch, R.N., B.S.N. (email@example.com)
Diana Malmloff, R.N., B.S.N.
Angie West, R.N., B.S.N.
Contact HCS Health Services
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nursing Office for Preschool - 4th Grade
Direct Line: (317) 813-3839
Fax: (317) 849-5420
Nursing Office for 5th -12th Grade
Direct Line: (317) 813-3902
Fax: (317) 849-5414
Security Information & Enhancements for the 2018-19 School Year
Posted on August 8, 2018
As we kickoff the 2018-19 school year, we want to remind you of our safety and security policies, inform you of some changes and enhancements, and ask for help in maintaining a culture of safety on our campus.
Armed Security Changes
- Many of you have noticed that security was enhanced last year with the introduction of an armed officer on campus. HCS will continue that program this year with our School Resource Officer on-campus during the school day (see below for more information).
- In addition, HCS is expanding our armed presence on campus for the 2018-19 school year with board approval of an Armed Security Policy for our security officers to carry a weapon while on duty. We are implementing this policy in order to be positioned to both deter and respond to any situation that would put HCS families or employees in danger.
- HCS Security has over 35 years of combined Military and Law Enforcement experience. [Meet Our Security Team]
- Our security officers have gone through significant firearms and de-escalation training as well as an evaluation program in order to meet the requirements to carry a weapon on campus.
- Any parent desiring more information about the specific training for the Armed Security should reach out directly to Ed Ingle (email@example.com) for additional follow up.
School Resource Officer
- Officer Tim York is our HCS School Resource officer for 2018-19.
- Officer York is a K-9 officer and his partner will be on campus with him a majority of the school days at HCS.
- Officer York is a licensed officer with SWAT, EMT and SRO certifications along with his K-9 certification.
- Officer York has HCS approval to interact with students and when needed, enforce the law on the HCS campus as an integral part of our security team.
- HCS campus hours for students are school days from 7:00 a.m. until 5:30 p.m.
- Between 3:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. students on campus must be at a supervised activity or in one of the following locations
- Elementary School students: ABCare
- Intermediate and Middle School students: HUB
- High School students: Learning Center (High School Commons/Library)
- All students must be picked up by 5:30 p.m. unless they are participating in or attending a scheduled campus activity.
Additional Security Enhancements
While we do not publish every security enhancement and change we are making, please know that our Safe School Committee is actively and continually improving the culture of safety on our campus. As we practice Run, Hide, Fight through our lockdown drills throughout the year, we encourage you to engage with your students on the topic of school safety.
See Something, Say Something
HCS is asking for help in maintaining a culture of safety on our campus. As part of this community, if you see something that concerns you in person or online, please reach out to prevent a tragedy and protect someone from hurting themselves or others. In an emergency call 911, the Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-8255, or otherwise reach out to our security team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Front Gate & Exit Gate
- During school hours, excluding arrival and dismissal time, all vehicles traveling on to campus will be stopped at the front gate by one of our officers for identification.
- Identification will include asking you why are you visiting campus and reviewing your parent ID card or driver's license. Therefore, bring your ID to campus.
- Between 8:30am and 2:30pm, the exit gate located by the baseball field, will be closed. Please approach the gate slowly and the gate will open as you cross the sensor.
Arrival & Dismissal Information
- Please review these HCS Traffic Flow videos.
- Follow the arrows with the different colors to reach your student’s drop-off curb.
- Follow green arrows to exit campus. Do not drop off a student in a green arrow lane.
Carline Pick Up
- Have your parent ID card or driver's license card with you.
- If you do not have either ID, you will be asked to park and come in to pick up your student.
- If you have someone other than a parent picking up your student, they MUST be on the authorized pick up list in your HCS Connect account.
- If someone attempts to pick up your child and is not on the authorized pick up list, they will be denied access to pick up until you approve or a proper resolution can be reached.
- Please make us aware of any custody concerns by emailing the details and documents to email@example.com.
- For safety reasons, please do not attempt to pick up your student in locations on or off campus other than the assigned curb based on their age group.
- Please review the HCS Parking Map.
- Please do not park in student or employee parking and do not park along curbs.
Building Check In
- All visitors must register and obtain a visitors badge before access will be allowed into the school building. Please display this badge at all times.
- Visitors will be asked for a parent ID or to turn in their driver's license while visiting campus.
- Whenever possible, all visits to campus should be scheduled ahead with the school or the employee you are visiting.