Current Parents Portal
May 21-24: Middle School & High School Final Exams
May 24: Last Day of School for Grades 1-12 (Half Day) // Class of 2019 Graduation
June 4: Heritage Night at the Fishers Summer Concert Series (info below)
October 3: Eagle Golf Classic
October 4: Homecoming
- Register for the 2019 Eagle Golf Classic
- REMINDER: Veracross Set Up Required by May 26
- Michael Horstman Named New Athletic Director
- Financial Aid Update
- New Weight Room Coming This Summer
- Host An International Student
- Heritage Night at the Fishers Summer Concert Series
- Heritage Christian School Announces the Naming of Conner Insurance Gymnasium
- Register For Jump Start
Posted on May 22, 2019
The 2019 Heritage Christian Eagle Golf Classic will be Thursday, October 3, 2019 at River Glen Country Club in Fishers. In addition to an afternoon of golf, participants receive lunch, tee gift bag, after-round dinner and other prizes. The Eagle Golf Classic supports Educational Support Services through the Heritage Fund, providing life-changing scholarships for deserving Heritage students. Learn more, register and become a sponsor at heritagechristian.net/
Posted on May 16, 2019
- You must update your family information and set up your Veracross payment account by May 26th. Use the link in the set up email you received to access your account. We will no longer use HCS Connect and your old payment account information is no longer available for use in Veracross.
- Your old system June statement will not be available until May 31. This will include charges for May incidentals.
- Payments scheduled in the old system for June 1 will not be deducted from your bank account until June 6th.
- Payments for 2019-2020 will begin in the new Veracross system in June for those families that completed the set up process, including providing payment account information, by May 26th (based on the payment plan you choose). Your payments for next school year cannot be processed electronically until your account is set up.
Many families have already done a great job completing the set up process. If you have not yet updated your information in Veracross, please do so today. Contact email@example.com if you have questions or need assistance.
Veracross FAQ - With any technology change there will come questions and our transition to Veracross is no exception. We have prepared a resource for you that addresses some of the most frequent questions we have received about account set up and the payment process. We will continue to update this as more questions are received, so check it first.
Posted on May 14, 2019
After an extensive search process, it gives us great pleasure to announce the promotion of Michael Horstman to the position of Heritage Christian School Athletic Director.
Michael has served as Associate Athletic Director at Heritage for the past four years and has previous Athletic Director experience at both Christel House Academy and Fall Creek Academy. Michael is a graduate of Purdue University and completed both his Teacher Certification Program and Masters of Education with Specialization in School Administration at Indiana Wesleyan University. He is a Registered Athletic Administrator (RAA) and closing in on his Certified Athletic Administrator (CAA) certification.
While Michael brings abundant experience and credentials to his new role, more importantly, he loves the Lord and the mission of Heritage Christian School. It is his strong desire to glorify God as we pursue excellence in athletics and serve our students, coaches and community.
Michael will continue to work closely with outgoing Athletic Director Michelle York during his transition and will officially start his new role on June 7.
Please join us in congratulating Michael as he enters a new season of service at Heritage.
Posted on May 10, 2019
- What if I no longer need or want aid? If you are withdrawing, contact Admissions right away. Otherwise, no further action needs to be taken.
- What if I have not yet applied with FACTS? You should submit your application immediately.
- What if I started my FACTS application, but have not submitted it?You should complete and submit it immediately.
- What if I submitted my FACTS application but have not heard about aid? Check with FACTS to make sure they have all required documents. It takes them 1-2 weeks to process your completed application after all required documents are received. If they have completed their review, you should hear from HCS about one week later.
- What if no aid is listed on my Veracross enrollment contract? You likely have not completed the aid process. Please contact our billing office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted on May 10, 2019
Congratulations, Heritage! We are getting a new weight room this summer. Through our April 27 Fly Higher event, and during the week that followed, we received commitments of over $90,000 for a new weight room. With those generous commitments in place towards our $150,000 project we are starting plans for the new weight room this week. Our athletes, teams and students will have an amazing new facility this August. If you want to join in with your support for this important project, click here to pledge or make your gift. Thank you for helping us fly higher, faster and stronger!
Posted on May 10, 2019
Do you have a heart for missions, cultures, and the global Church? If so, we need you! This fall, HCS will welcome several new students from international Christian families who are seeking a Christian education for their children. If you are willing to consider opening your heart and home to one of these students, find out more information at heritagechristian.net/host or contact Kara Pabón at kara.pabon@heritagechristian.
Posted on May 8, 2019
Tuesday, June 4 - Heritage is sponsoring the June 4th night of the Fishers Summer Concert Series located at the Nickel Plate District Amphitheater. The concert will take place from 7:00 - 9:00 PM and will feature the band My Yellow Rickshaw with Heritage alum, Rick Stump, and special guest Shiver and the Shakes. Admission is free for the whole family. Come early to get a good spot on the grass and to register for giveaways. Bring your blanket, lawn chair, games, and dinner. We'd also ask that you wear your HCS spirit wear! Feel free to invite friends and family or meet new Heritage friends while you're there. Contact Regina Schrock at email@example.com with any questions.
April 29, 2019, Indianapolis, Indiana - At a Saturday April 27th event highlighting Heritage athletic facilities’ plans, Heritage CEO Jeff Freeman announced a multi-year sponsorship agreement that will change the name of the current Heritage High School gymnasium to Conner Insurance Gymnasium.
“We couldn’t have found a better partner to invest in Heritage in this way. They share our Christian values and have engaged with us as a corporate partner and family for decades,” explained Freeman.
Along with naming rights, several Conner Insurance floor logos and new scoreboard and lobby entrance signage will be added to the gymnasium this summer.
Freeman further explained that Heritage had recently been looking into the possibility of some form of this type of corporate sponsorship, but with the highest level of criteria for any potential partner.
“In working with our Board, there was a long list of things to check off before we would ever consider a sponsorship relationship of this nature,” said Freeman. “The sponsor needed to love Heritage. They needed to want to benefit Heritage as their primary purpose. They needed a history of outstanding corporate citizenship and be humble and service-oriented. We would only work with someone who would be consistent with our mission.”
While the Board wondered if anyone could be found to meet all criteria, Freeman already had someone in mind.
“I approached the Board with a proposal about the Conner Insurance Gymnasium, and they were excited.” Freeman further communicated that the school is extremely pleased with this significant new multi-year partnership.
Ben Conner, Conner Insurance CEO, and Todd Hufford, Conner Insurance COO were at the event and were excited as well about the opportunity to grow their partnership with Heritage.
“Heritage is a very special place. It is a place that has complemented the values delivered at home by my parents. It is a place where I went to school, K through 12,” said Conner. “It is a place where I made life-long friends and became part of an incredible community. It is a place where I came back to coach, and also grew as an insurance professional. I’m thrilled that our organization can grow our partnership with Heritage to continue a legacy of best-in-class Christian education.”
“Heritage Christian is an important part of the community and it is our responsibility as individuals and corporate friends to ensure that Heritage continues to thrive,” stated Conner.
- - -
For additional information, contact:
Gary Roebbelen, Heritage Communications & Development Director
317-813-3854 • gary.roebbelen@
6401 E. 75th Street, Indianapolis IN 46250
Posted on April 16, 2019
Jump Start is a week of activities, games and review work to help prepare your child for his or her new grade level after a restful summer. Classes are small and are taught by HCS elementary teachers. New students benefit by meeting future classmates and becoming familiar with the elementary building and HCS curriculum. [Register Now]
Jump Start is for students entering 1st-5th grade and will be held July 29 - August 2 from 1:00pm-3:00pm. A small snack will be provided. Students with food allergies should bring their own unless arrangements have been made with the teacher. Class size will be limited and spots will be filled on a first come first serve basis. We expect for this class to fill up quickly. The fee is $99.00. There is a $49.00 non-refundable sign-up fee. The last date to cancel your enrollment in the class and receive a partial refund ($50.00) will be on May 29, 2019. If you have any questions, please contact Jennifer Nutter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HCS Health Services - Policies and Protocols
- Lice Policy
- Allergy Guidelines
- Indiana State Immunization Requirements 2019-20
- Medical Exemption Form
- Religious Exemption Form
- Permission to Carry Emergency Meds Form
- Asthma Action Plan
- Food Allergy Form
- Medication Permission Form: Elementary
- Medication Permission Form: 5th-12th Grade
Deb Hastings, R.N., B.S.N.
Rosemary Day, R.N. (email@example.com)
Kara Klopfenstein, R.N., B.S.N. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Lana Kritsch, R.N., B.S.N. (email@example.com)
Diana Malmloff, R.N., B.S.N.
Brooke Martin, R.N., M.S.N.
Angie West, R.N., B.S.N.
Contact HCS Health Services
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nursing Office for Preschool - 4th Grade
Direct Line: (317) 813-3839
Fax: (317) 849-5420
Nursing Office for 5th -12th Grade
Direct Line: (317) 813-3902
Fax: (317) 849-5414
Security Information & Enhancements for the 2018-19 School Year
Posted on August 8, 2018
As we kickoff the 2018-19 school year, we want to remind you of our safety and security policies, inform you of some changes and enhancements, and ask for help in maintaining a culture of safety on our campus.
Armed Security Changes
- Many of you have noticed that security was enhanced last year with the introduction of an armed officer on campus. HCS will continue that program this year with our School Resource Officer on-campus during the school day (see below for more information).
- In addition, HCS is expanding our armed presence on campus for the 2018-19 school year with board approval of an Armed Security Policy for our security officers to carry a weapon while on duty. We are implementing this policy in order to be positioned to both deter and respond to any situation that would put HCS families or employees in danger.
- HCS Security has over 35 years of combined Military and Law Enforcement experience. [Meet Our Security Team]
- Our security officers have gone through significant firearms and de-escalation training as well as an evaluation program in order to meet the requirements to carry a weapon on campus.
- Any parent desiring more information about the specific training for the Armed Security should reach out directly to Ed Ingle (email@example.com) for additional follow up.
School Resource Officer
- Officer Tim York is our HCS School Resource officer for 2018-19.
- Officer York is a K-9 officer and his partner will be on campus with him a majority of the school days at HCS.
- Officer York is a licensed officer with SWAT, EMT and SRO certifications along with his K-9 certification.
- Officer York has HCS approval to interact with students and when needed, enforce the law on the HCS campus as an integral part of our security team.
- HCS campus hours for students are school days from 7:00 a.m. until 5:30 p.m.
- Between 3:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. students on campus must be at a supervised activity or in one of the following locations
- Elementary School students: ABCare
- Intermediate and Middle School students: HUB
- High School students: Learning Center (High School Commons/Library)
- All students must be picked up by 5:30 p.m. unless they are participating in or attending a scheduled campus activity.
Additional Security Enhancements
While we do not publish every security enhancement and change we are making, please know that our Safe School Committee is actively and continually improving the culture of safety on our campus. As we practice Run, Hide, Fight through our lockdown drills throughout the year, we encourage you to engage with your students on the topic of school safety.
See Something, Say Something
HCS is asking for help in maintaining a culture of safety on our campus. As part of this community, if you see something that concerns you in person or online, please reach out to prevent a tragedy and protect someone from hurting themselves or others. In an emergency call 911, the Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-8255, or otherwise reach out to our security team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Front Gate & Exit Gate
- During school hours, excluding arrival and dismissal time, all vehicles traveling on to campus will be stopped at the front gate by one of our officers for identification.
- Identification will include asking you why are you visiting campus and reviewing your parent ID card or driver's license. Therefore, bring your ID to campus.
- Between 8:30am and 2:30pm, the exit gate located by the baseball field, will be closed. Please approach the gate slowly and the gate will open as you cross the sensor.
Arrival & Dismissal Information
- Please review these HCS Traffic Flow videos.
- Follow the arrows with the different colors to reach your student’s drop-off curb.
- Follow green arrows to exit campus. Do not drop off a student in a green arrow lane.
Carline Pick Up
- Have your parent ID card or driver's license card with you.
- If you do not have either ID, you will be asked to park and come in to pick up your student.
- If you have someone other than a parent picking up your student, they MUST be on the authorized pick up list in your HCS Connect account.
- If someone attempts to pick up your child and is not on the authorized pick up list, they will be denied access to pick up until you approve or a proper resolution can be reached.
- Please make us aware of any custody concerns by emailing the details and documents to email@example.com.
- For safety reasons, please do not attempt to pick up your student in locations on or off campus other than the assigned curb based on their age group.
- Please review the HCS Parking Map.
- Please do not park in student or employee parking and do not park along curbs.
Building Check In
- All visitors must register and obtain a visitors badge before access will be allowed into the school building. Please display this badge at all times.
- Visitors will be asked for a parent ID or to turn in their driver's license while visiting campus.
- Whenever possible, all visits to campus should be scheduled ahead with the school or the employee you are visiting.