Current Parents Portal
November 12: Parent Night with Chaucie's Place (info below)
November 12-19: Operation Christmas Child Collection Week
November 13: Culver's Dine to Donate
November 14: Welcome Wednesday
November 16: Men's Prayer & Fellowship
November 19-23: Thanksgiving Break
November 28: Heritage Fund Dessert Reception
December 5: Middle School & High School Choir Christmas Concert
December 6: Deadline to Give to Worthy Servants
December 7: Storytime
December 11: SGO Tax Credit Information Luncheon
December 11: Elementary School Christmas Programs
December 12: Middle School & High School Band and Orchestra Christmas Concert
December 14: Men's Prayer & Fellowship
December 18: Intermediate School Christmas Concert (Band/Choir/Orchestra)
December 20: Christmas Break Begins
[View Upcoming Home High School Athletic Events]
Posted on October 31, 2018
Monday, November 12
6:00 - 6:45 PM (Parents with Children in Kindergarten - Grade 6)
7:00 - 7:45 PM (Parents with Children in Grades 7-12)
Located in the Elementary Gym
Chaucie’s Place has partnered with Heritage Christian School to provide body safety programming for your children. Think First and Stay Safe™ and Smart Steps™ are comprehensive body safety education programs that teach children in grades K-12 ways to keep their bodies safe. Students will learn appropriate ways to prevent, respond to, and report situations such as bullying, cyber-bullying, and all forms of abuse or neglect. These issues will be addressed at an age-appropriate level by trained Chaucie's Place presenters. Topics introduced will be as follows:
- Think First And Stay Safe: Using Our Built In Computer—Our Brain
- My Body Belongs To Me
- Trust Your Gut
- Laws Help Protect Me
- Telling A Trusted Adult
- All Secrets Can Be Told
- Everyone Deserves To Be Treated With Kindness And Respect
- I Am Special And Deserve Respect
- All Ages of Children Can be Tricked
- Trust Your Gut: Instincts
- Authority Figures
- Healthy Relationships
- Dating Abuse/Violence
- Personal Boundaries/Consent
- Sexual Harassment
- Safe People
- Ways People Lure: Games, Online, Affection, Authority, Ego/Fame, Name, Assistance, Emergency, Pets
- Online Safety
- Human Trafficking
Please join us for our upcoming Parent Night where you can learn more about these programs. Chaucie's Place staff will be available to answer questions. Information about the content of these programs will be provided, as well as tools to continue these important conversations at home and what to do if your child discloses abuse to you. These programs are designed to be the beginning of ongoing conversations empowering children and youth to keep themselves safe. Please join us to learn more!
This meeting is in response to Indiana’s Senate Bill 355 which requires all schools “to provide age appropriate and research and evidence based instruction on child abuse and child sexual abuse to students in kindergarten through grade 12”.
Posted on October 29, 2018
If you are interested in helping spread the word that Heritage is a great school, then the Admissions Go Team might be a way for you to volunteer!
The Admissions Go Team is made up of parents that are willing help when big events arise. Some of this might involve attending a Heritage Info Night and greeting prospective families or serving food at a Welcome Wednesday event. There is often a need to have individuals help organize materials for prospective families or even make phone calls to remind those already registered to attend events.
This work is fun and a great way to get to know other parents with a passion to reach out to prospective families! If you are interested in joining this enthusiastic group contact Regina Schrock at reginaschrock@
Posted on October 22, 2018
Wednesday, November 28 // 6:00-7:30 PM // High School Cafe Commons
- Investing in our campus through classroom and facility upgrades.
- Investing in our students by leveraging the very successful Indiana SGO Scholarships for Education Choice tax-credit program as a vehicle through which donors can give.
- Investing in our faculty & staff by supporting a Christmas bonus for our worthy servants.
RSVP online or via email at heritagefund@
- HCS Health Services - Policies and Protocols
- Lice Policy
- Allergy Guidelines
- Guide to Online Medical Information & Consent
- Indiana State Immunization Requirements 2018-19
- Medical Exemption Form
- Religious Exemption Form
- Permission to Carry Emergency Meds Form
- Asthma Action Plan
- Food Allergy Form
- Medication Permission Form: Elementary
- Medication Permission Form: 5th-12th Grade
Deb Hastings, R.N., B.S.N.
Rosemary Day, R.N. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Kara Klopfenstein, R.N., B.S.N. (email@example.com)
Lana Kritsch, R.N., B.S.N. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Diana Malmloff, R.N., B.S.N.
Angie West, R.N., B.S.N.
Contact HCS Health Services
Email us at: email@example.com
Nursing Office for Preschool - 4th Grade
Direct Line: (317) 813-3839
Fax: (317) 849-5420
Nursing Office for 5th -12th Grade
Direct Line: (317) 813-3902
Fax: (317) 849-5414
Security Information & Enhancements for the 2018-19 School Year
Posted on August 8, 2018
As we kickoff the 2018-19 school year, we want to remind you of our safety and security policies, inform you of some changes and enhancements, and ask for help in maintaining a culture of safety on our campus.
Armed Security Changes
- Many of you have noticed that security was enhanced last year with the introduction of an armed officer on campus. HCS will continue that program this year with our School Resource Officer on-campus during the school day (see below for more information).
- In addition, HCS is expanding our armed presence on campus for the 2018-19 school year with board approval of an Armed Security Policy for our security officers to carry a weapon while on duty. We are implementing this policy in order to be positioned to both deter and respond to any situation that would put HCS families or employees in danger.
- HCS Security has over 35 years of combined Military and Law Enforcement experience. [Meet Our Security Team]
- Our security officers have gone through significant firearms and de-escalation training as well as an evaluation program in order to meet the requirements to carry a weapon on campus.
- Any parent desiring more information about the specific training for the Armed Security should reach out directly to Ed Ingle (firstname.lastname@example.org) for additional follow up.
School Resource Officer
- Officer Tim York is our HCS School Resource officer for 2018-19.
- Officer York is a K-9 officer and his partner will be on campus with him a majority of the school days at HCS.
- Officer York is a licensed officer with SWAT, EMT and SRO certifications along with his K-9 certification.
- Officer York has HCS approval to interact with students and when needed, enforce the law on the HCS campus as an integral part of our security team.
- HCS campus hours for students are school days from 7:00 a.m. until 5:30 p.m.
- Between 3:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. students on campus must be at a supervised activity or in one of the following locations
- Elementary School students: ABCare
- Intermediate and Middle School students: HUB
- High School students: Learning Center (High School Commons/Library)
- All students must be picked up by 5:30 p.m. unless they are participating in or attending a scheduled campus activity.
Additional Security Enhancements
While we do not publish every security enhancement and change we are making, please know that our Safe School Committee is actively and continually improving the culture of safety on our campus. As we practice Run, Hide, Fight through our lockdown drills throughout the year, we encourage you to engage with your students on the topic of school safety.
See Something, Say Something
HCS is asking for help in maintaining a culture of safety on our campus. As part of this community, if you see something that concerns you in person or online, please reach out to prevent a tragedy and protect someone from hurting themselves or others. In an emergency call 911, the Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-8255, or otherwise reach out to our security team at email@example.com.
Front Gate & Exit Gate
- During school hours, excluding arrival and dismissal time, all vehicles traveling on to campus will be stopped at the front gate by one of our officers for identification.
- Identification will include asking you why are you visiting campus and reviewing your parent ID card or driver's license. Therefore, bring your ID to campus.
- Between 8:30am and 2:30pm, the exit gate located by the baseball field, will be closed. Please approach the gate slowly and the gate will open as you cross the sensor.
Arrival & Dismissal Information
- Please review these HCS Traffic Flow videos.
- Follow the arrows with the different colors to reach your student’s drop-off curb.
- Follow green arrows to exit campus. Do not drop off a student in a green arrow lane.
Carline Pick Up
- Have your parent ID card or driver's license card with you.
- If you do not have either ID, you will be asked to park and come in to pick up your student.
- If you have someone other than a parent picking up your student, they MUST be on the authorized pick up list in your HCS Connect account.
- If someone attempts to pick up your child and is not on the authorized pick up list, they will be denied access to pick up until you approve or a proper resolution can be reached.
- Please make us aware of any custody concerns by emailing the details and documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For safety reasons, please do not attempt to pick up your student in locations on or off campus other than the assigned curb based on their age group.
- Please review the HCS Parking Map.
- Please do not park in student or employee parking and do not park along curbs.
Building Check In
- All visitors must register and obtain a visitors badge before access will be allowed into the school building. Please display this badge at all times.
- Visitors will be asked for a parent ID or to turn in their driver's license while visiting campus.
- Whenever possible, all visits to campus should be scheduled ahead with the school or the employee you are visiting.