The HCS back-to-school plan allows us to continue to provide bus services this year, but in a modified way. We will keep you informed should these plans need to change due to COVID-19. Below you will find these modifications for bus services.
- Students will be expected to wear a mask upon entering the bus doors and will need to keep masks on for the duration of the bus ride and into their classrooms.
- Students will be assigned seats on the bus that will not change.
- Students will be assigned based on the 1 family per seat or a 1 student per seat chart.
- Students with siblings will be assigned as a family seat so we will have older siblings sitting with younger siblings.
- Students will be asked to face forward on the bus and not turn around in the seats to talk with other students.
- Bus drivers will be wearing appropriate PPE, including the use of masks or face shields.
- Due to COVID-19, we will not be allowing friends to come home on the bus and will limit the ability for students to ride more than one bus unless a family situation dictates otherwise.
- The pay per ride program will require approval for any bus that has open seats and will require significant notice days in advance to gain approval.
Protocol if a student or driver is impacted by COVID-19:
- HCS will conduct contact tracing. It is possible a full route is impacted by the need to exclude or quarantine.
- HCS protocol will be followed. We will notify you immediately via text or email message if a route has to be cancelled or altered.
- HCS has limited amounts of substitutes for drivers but does have plans to support routes if a driver only is isolated due to protocols.
We look forward serving to your family soon!