Before & After School
The earliest time that a preschool - 8th grade student can enter the school building is 7:15 AM. At 7:30 AM, students will be sent to their classrooms.
After School: Eagle Care
Eagle Care is an extended care program for students in preschool - 8th grade who need consistent after school care on specific days of the week.
Grades: Preschool - 8th Grade
Hours: 3:30 - 5:30 PM
Cost: $12/day for pre-registered students; $24/day for students who have not been pre-registered. (At 5:30 PM, billing increases by $1 per minute until the time of pick up.)
For more information, contact Jordan Waplington at (317) 813-3866 or email@example.com.
New Information Regarding the 2020-21 School Year
Enrolling in Eagle Care (formerly ABCare/HUB) this year will look much different than in previous years.
Extended care is now designed for families who need consistent extended care on specific days of the week.
We no longer offer a “drop-in service” and pre-registering is necessary in order to staff the program appropriately, and to ensure we are operating safely and securely.
We thank you in advance for understanding the necessity of implementing safety measures to ensure a safe environment for everyone at HCS.
Below you will find some of the current adjustments that have been made to our extended care program:
- New Morning Care Process: Morning care will no longer be offered. The earliest your preschool - 8th grade student can enter the school building is 7:15 AM. Students will physically distance at designated spots in the halls until 7:30 AM, at which time they will be sent to their classrooms. There is no charge.
- New Eagle Care Process for a Registered Student: During the school day, each student will be with their individual classroom “cohort” only. At the end of the day (3:30 PM), if that student is pre-registered for Eagle Care, they will then join a grade level Eagle Care cohort of students per grade level. These individual cohorts will be monitored by extended care staff until 5:30 PM (or until the student is picked up). Weather permitting, each cohort will spend as much time on the playground as possible. Otherwise, they will be assigned designated classrooms within the school. Further discussion is ongoing regarding appropriate structure during this indoor time.
- New Eagle Care Process for a Non-Registered Student: In order to staff the program appropriately, your child must be registered in advance. We understand that there may be mitigating circumstances that necessitate the use of Eagle Care on a day that you are not registered. In this scenario, your child will be monitored safely by office staff until the proper student-teacher ratio can be met, at which time your child can join his/her grade level cohort.
*Non-registered price rate will apply (please see below).
- New Billing Process: The daily rate for registered Eagle Care is $12 per child. While we highly discourage drop-ins, we understand it may be necessary from time to time. The daily rate for students who have not pre-registered is $24. Your student must be picked up by 5:30 PM. You will be billed $1/minute for every minute past 5:30 PM your child is not picked up. Billing for Eagle Care will be included on your monthly tuition invoice.
- Registration Deadline: In order to guarantee your child a seat, you must register for the 2020-21 school year by Thursday, August 6th. We will make every effort to accommodate your student following August 6th and throughout the school year as well. (Registration will open on Thursday, July 23rd in the myHCS Veracross Parent Portal.)