- We enhanced security in 2018 with the introduction of an armed officer on campus. HCS continues that program today with our School Resource Officer on-campus during the school day.
- In addition, HCS expanded our armed presence on campus in 2018 with board approval of an Armed Security Policy for our security officers to carry a weapon while on duty. We implemented this policy in order to be positioned to both deter and respond to any situation that would put HCS families or employees in danger.
- HCS Security has over 35 years of combined Military and Law Enforcement experience. [Meet Our Security Team]
- Our security officers have gone through significant firearms and de-escalation training as well as an evaluation program in order to meet the requirements to carry a weapon on campus.
- Any parent desiring more information about the specific training for the Armed Security should reach out directly to Ken Black (email@example.com) for additional follow up.
Additional Security Information
While we do not publish every security enhancement and change we make at HCS, please know that our Safe School Committee is actively and continually improving the culture of safety on our campus. As we practice Run, Hide, Fight through our lockdown drills throughout the year, we encourage you to engage with your students on the topic of school safety.
See Something, Say Something
HCS is asking for help in maintaining a culture of safety on our campus. As part of this community, if you see something that concerns you in person or online, please reach out to prevent a tragedy and protect someone from hurting themselves or others. In an emergency call 911, the Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-8255, or otherwise reach out to our security team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HCS campus hours for students are school days from 7:15 a.m. until 5:30 p.m.
- Between 3:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. students on campus must be at a supervised activity or in one of the following locations
- Elementary, Intermediate, and Middle School students: Eagle Care with pre-registration
- High School students: Learning Center (High School Commons/Library)
- All students must be picked up by 5:30 p.m. unless they are participating in or attending a scheduled campus activity.
Front Gate & Exit Gate
- During school hours, excluding arrival and dismissal time, all vehicles traveling on to campus will be stopped at the front gate by one of our officers for identification.
- Identification will include asking you why are you visiting campus and reviewing your parent ID card or driver's license. Therefore, bring your ID to campus.
- Between 8:30am and 2:30pm, the exit gate located by the baseball field, will be closed. Please approach the gate slowly and the gate will open as you cross the sensor.
Arrival & Dismissal Locations
- Please review these HCS Traffic Flow videos and follow the instructions to reach your student's drop-off and pick-up areas.
Carline Pick Up Procedure
- Have your parent ID card or driver's license card with you.
- If you do not have either ID, you will be asked to either park for further followup, or to leave campus and return with your parent ID.
- If you have someone other than a parent picking up your student, they MUST be on your authorized pick up list.
- If someone attempts to pick up your child and is not on the authorized pick up list, they will be denied access to pick up until you approve or a proper resolution can be reached.
- Please make us aware of any custody concerns by emailing the details and documents to email@example.com.
- For safety reasons, please do not attempt to pick up your student in locations on or off campus other than the assigned curb based on their age group.
- Please review the HCS Parking Map.
- Please do not park in student or employee parking and do not park along curbs.
Building Check In
- All visitors must register and obtain a visitors badge before access will be allowed into the school building. Please display this badge at all times.
- Visitors will be asked for a parent ID or to turn in their driver's license while visiting campus.
- Whenever possible, all visits to campus should be scheduled ahead with the school or the employee you are visiting.