At Heritage Christian, summer equals fun — for girls and boys, for scientists and athletes, for actors and artists, for engineers and myth busters, for astronauts and programmers! Our summer camps offer a unique environment where students can pursue their dreams ... and we have something for everyone!
Our camps are open to the entire Indianapolis community.
Frequently Asked Questions about Health Safety
Daily Home Checklist: By sending their child to camp, parents are confirming that they have performed daily health screening of their child using the HCS COVID Daily Checklist. This expectation is based on the assertion that parents are the first line of health safety defense. Parents should report any positive COVID-19 test result their child or a household member has received. You may report this through our COVID-19 Reporting Tool or by calling HCS Health Services at (317) 594-5858 ext 5118.
Voluntary Assumption of Risk: By deciding to send their child to camp, families voluntarily assume the full risk of outcomes related to contracting COVID-19 through participation in any of the programs or activities. Families agree to the HCS COVID-19 Assumption of Risk document.
- Is there anything I need to do before sending my child to camp each day?
- What do I do if my child struggles with allergies or an underlying medical condition that causes symptoms similar to COVID-19?
- When can my child return to camp if they are ill? (COVID-19 related illness, alternate diagnosis, or unsure of reason for illness)
- What happens if my child tests positive, but is not experiencing any symptoms?
- When does my child need to quarantine due to COVID-19 exposure?
- Should my child be tested for COVID-19 if they have been exposed?
- When can my child return if they have to quarantine due to COVID-19 exposure?
- What happens if my child begins to exhibit symptoms / becomes ill during their quarantine?
- Where do I report a positive COVID-19 test result from my child or a member of our household?
- Will I be notified if there is a positive COVID-19 case in my child’s camp or on campus?
- Where can I have my child and/or family tested for COVID-19?
- Who identifies "close contacts" that need to quarantine?
- What counts as a "close contact"?
- Additional Resources for Parents